All small businessmen should submit following minimum documents and information for filing their online income-tax return (ITR) to www.incometaxonline.co.in or any other service provider or consultant :-
A. Documents (soft or photo copies as the case may be)
1. All Form 16 (TDS Certificates).
2. PAN Card
3. Any latest ITR-V (ITR Acknowledgement) if/as available.
1. Pass word for e-filing of ITR (If available) OR Acknowledgement No. of ITR-V (ITR Acknowledgement) if pass word for e-filing of ITR is not available.
2. Account No., Name of Bank, IFSC Code and MICR Code of your bank (Bank Details).
3. Amounts of Total Turnover, Gross Profit, Net Profit, Sundry Debtors, Closing Stock, Cash in Hand and Sundry Creditors.
4. Details of interest in all saving bank accounts and on FDs.
5. Details of other income such as Interest Income, Rent Income etc. apart from salaries.
6. Details of deductible amounts of LIP, Repayment of Housing Loan (Principal & Interest separately), Tuition Fee of Children and Medi Claim Insurance premium u/s 80C and 80D etc if any.
7. Present Postal Address (Complete) with PIN Code.
C. Small Businessman means a businessman having turnover of less than Rs. 1.00 Crore and ready to pay income-tax on business income calculated @ 8% of his turnover.
If your ITR is to be prepared and filed online by www.incometaxonline.co.in, all the documents / information may be furnished online or by e-mail or by post and payment may be made online.
Source : www.incometaxonline.co.in Author : Karishma Moondra