An application for new / fresh PAN card is processed step by step and for that following procedure and steps are followed if application is processed by NSDL e-Gov. :-
1. As per the procedure prescribed by the ITD, the application for allotment of PAN is required to be made in Form 49A (form 49AA for non-citizens of India ).
2. A duly filled aforesaid application form along with prescribed documents [Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Date of Birth (PODB)] has to be submitted by the application at the nearest TIN-Facilitation Centers and PAN centers.
3. Such application can be sent / submitted directly or through any online/offline service provider and personal attendance of the applicant is not required.
4. Application processing fee (inclusive of service tax) is payable.
5. The Tin-Facilitation center / PAN centre ensures that the mandatory fields in the PAN application form are complete and copy /(ies) of the prescribed supporting documents [Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Date of Birth (PODB)] indicating details (i.e. Applicant Name, Address, Date of Birth etc.) as mentioned in the application form are submitted by or on behalf of the applicant along with the PAN application.
6. In case, any discrepancy is found in the application form and / or supporting documents submitted by or on behalf of the applicant, the application will be rejected by TIN-Facilitation Centre / PAN Centers. The discrepancy observed in the PAN application will be intimated to applicant personally or at the address mentioned in the application and non- acceptance memo is also issued. In any condition, defective application is not accepted / processed by the TIN-Facilitation Centre / PAN Centers.
7. On successful completion of the scrutiny by TIN-Facilitation Center, a 15 digit acknowledgement is issued in the name of applicant by the TIN-Facilitation Centers.
8. After acceptance of application by issuing issuance of 15 digit acknowledgement, the PAN application is digitized and validated by TIN-Facilitation Centers.
9. Thereafter, application is again scrutinized by the controlling office of the TIN-Facilitation Centre and in case, any discrepancy is found in the application form and / or supporting documents attached to the application by the controlling office, the application will be kept on hold until the defects are removed by the TIN-FC and reasons for keeping on hold are intimated to concerned TIN-Facilitation Centre . After removal of defects by the TIN-FC, application is forwarded to Central System of NSDL e-Gov. where application is again scrutinized.
10. In case, any discrepancy is found in the application form and / or supporting documents attached to the application by the Central System of NSDL e-Gov., the application will be again put on hold by the Central System of NSDL e-Gov. and the discrepancy / defect observed in the PAN application will be intimated online as well as offline to applicant at the address mentioned in the application . The application is further processed only upon receiving the prescribed documents/complete information to match the application/request for PAN Card received from or on behalf of the Applicant.
11. After the satisfaction and clearance of NSDL e-Gov., NSDL e-Gov. forwards the application / data to the Income Tax Department (ITD) for allotment of PAN (Permanent Account Number) which is allotted by the ITD only.
12. After the satisfaction and clearance of Income Tax Department, PAN (Permanent Account Number) is allotted by the Income Tax Department and communicated to NSDL e-Gov. for printing and dispatching the PAN Card to the applicant through courier / postal services.
13. Finally, PAN Card is dispatched and delivered to the applicant only through courier / postal services on given address.
14. In case of non-delivery or mis-delivery of pancard or return of pan card, applicant can make request for ensured delivery of pan card by sending the e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
15. In case of any defect relating to data and photo on pancard, applicant can make request / complaint for correct pan card by sending the e-mail at email@example.com .
INDIAN PAN CARD FOR NRI / NON-INDIANS THROUGH PANCARD.ORG.IN
On the occasion of Deepawali Festival, www.pancard.org.in and www.etdsdsc.com, both the websites of Moon Soft Technologies Pvt. Ltd. have launched it’s new pancard service for all NRIs and Non-Indians of total around 105 countries on 24.10.2014. Service for correction, duplicate and reprint of Pancard for all NRIs and Non-Indians is already in operation.
Features of New Pancard Service
1. This pancard services will be available only for 105 countries. Applicant may visit the list such countries at www.incometaxonline.co.in/countries-whose-citizens-eligible-for-indian-pan-card in google search.
2. Presently, online payment will be accepted only in Rupee, the Indian Currency.
3. Offline payment is also accepted in case of problem.
4. If applicant has the passport, self attested copy of his/her passport is sufficient valid proof for all the three purposes ID Proof, Address Proof and Proof of Death of Birth.
5. Pancard will be delivered directly by post or courier at the given address of the applicant.
6. If the applicant has valid proof for any Indian address, he/she may get the delivery of pan card in India also. Applicant may visit the list of valid proofs for Address in India at http://pancard.org.in/requirement-id-address-and-date-of-birth-proofs-for-pan-card-application/ in google search
Precautions while submitting application
- Each applicant should take following precaution while preparing the application online and despatching the hard copy of application :-
A. Applicant should read all details, instructions available on the home page, posts, comments etc on www.pancard.org.in.
B. Passport is best ID Proof but in case, applicant does not have passport, he/she should choose other provided options while filling the application online.
C. After filling the application, make the online payment. After making the payment, applicant will get an online acknowledgement of payment with instructions and applicant should read those instructions also.
D. Applicant should download his/her application directly and/or through soft copy of acknowledgement or his/her email inbox and a clear print-out should be taken.
F. Total two colored photographs [Front faced, with plain & light back ground and complete face (both ears and head should be clear)] should be pasted on the hard copy of application at given places.
G. Applicant should make total 3 signatures at given locations and applicant should also see the ‘Signed Sample Form’ at http://pancard.org.in/pan_forms/pan-sample-form.jpg
H. After completing the application in all respect, it is advisable (optional) to send a scanned copy of application Form (49AA) and enclosures by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval and guidance by mentioning your order number in ‘Subject’ to avoid any type of short comings and expeditious allotment of Pan Number / despatch of Pancard.
I. In case ID proofs are not available in English or Hindi language, a self attested translated copy of ID in English should also sent with the self attested copy of Id proof itself.
J. After completing the application in all respect, self attested copy of Passport with English translation (or other valid Ids if passport is not valid) should be attached with the application Form (49AA) and application should be sent by post or courier to following address :-
Moon Soft Technologies Pvt. Ltd
22, Shripal Nagar,
Saket Ashram Road,
P.O. SUMERPUR -306902
State : Rajasthan (India).
In India, PAN ( Permanent Account No.) and PANCARD issued by Income-tax Department of Govt. Of India and correction in data of PANCARD is also made. In case of loss of pancard, reprint & reissue of pancard is also done. New PAN, PANCARD and Correction Pancard or Reprint of Pancard is also issued and all these facilities are also allowed to NRI (Non Resident Indian) residing out side India including US Citizens (Citizens of United States Of America).
An US Citizen will have to apply in Form 49AA in case of new PAN and will have to apply for ‘Correction Pancard or Reprint of Pancard’ in prescribed form which is common for Indians and US Citizens. Format of prescribed form 49AA and Correction Correction are available on our website www.pancard.org.in in it’s Downloads.
Service of New Pancard and ‘Correction Pancard or Reprint of Pancard’ is available semi-online as well as offline. In case of offline application, application duly filled and complete in all respect should be filed / deposited with any TIN-FC of NSDL or UTI physically in India whereas semi-online service is provided by Govt. companies like NSDL and UTI and by some private service provider companies like Moon Soft Technologies Pvt. Ltd (Through www.pancard.org.in and www.etdsdsc.com). An US Citizen can apply online through any company as per his/her satisfaction but mind that charges of private companies are higher than the charges of Govt. companies but one can feel, the difference between services of private companies and Govt. companies.
In case of online service of PANCARD, US Citizen will have to send two colored photgraphs affixed on duly signed hard copy of application or on the part of application or on some contents of application (varies company to company) but in all applications made online, Photographs and signatures will be required by the service provider companies alongwith self attested copy of Passport through post or courier and therefore, we are terming it as ‘Semi-online service’ as it is not 100% online.
An US Citizen can get delivery of his/her PANCARD in India also provided he has eligible proof of local address of India but It is also important to mention that an US Citizen can keep and maintain more than one PANCARD of the same PAN No. (as second original pancard) and it is advisable also.
Now, any US Citizen can also apply online for Correction in pancard, Lost Pancard, Duplicate Pancard, Reprint & Reissue of Pancard and Second Original Pancard (Indian pancard) through Moon Soft’s websites www.pancard.org.in and www.etdsdsc.com for which both online payment facility and offline payment facility are also available. – www.pancard.org.in
Moon Soft Technologies Pvt. Limited, a prominent online service provider for pancard, incomet-tax Returns, TDS Returns and DSC (Through it’s websites www.pancard.org.in and www.etdsdsc.com ) has launched today it’s online services for Correction in pancard, Lost Pancard, Duplicate Pancard, Reprint & Reissue of Pancard and Second Original as Indian Pancard Services for foreigners and NRI .
Indian Pancard Services for New PAN / Pancard for foreigners and NRI will also be started / lauched very soon.
Now, any foreign national and NRI of following 105 countries can also apply online for Correction in pancard, Lost Pancard, Duplicate Pancard, Reprint & Reissue of Pancard and Second Original Pancard (Indian pancard) through Moon Soft’s websites www.pancard.org.in and www.etdsdsc.com for which both online payment facility and offline payment facility are also available.
LIST OF COUNTRIES
Iran, Islamic Republic of
Korea, Democratic People’s Republic of
Korea, Republic of
Papua New Guinea
Taiwan, Province of China
Tanzania, United Republic of
United Arab Emirates
United States of America