An application for Reprint / Correction of PAN Card is processed step by step and for that following procedure and steps are followed if application is processed by NSDL e-Gov. :-
1. As per the procedure prescribed by the ITD, the application for allotment of PAN is required to be made in Form ‘ Request for New PAN Card and / or Changes or Correction in PAN Data’.
2. A duly filled aforesaid application form along with prescribed documents [Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Date of Birth (PODB)] has to be submitted by the application at the nearest TIN-Facilitation Centers and PAN centers but keep in mind that existing PAN Card is not a valid ID Proof for Correction or Reprint of PAN Card.
3. Such application can be sent / submitted directly or through any online/offline service provider and personal attendance of the applicant is not required.
4. Application processing fee (inclusive of service tax) is payable.
5. The Tin-Facilitation center / PAN centre ensures that the mandatory fields in the PAN application form are complete and copy /(ies) of the prescribed supporting documents [Proof of Identity (POI), Proof of Address (POA) and Proof of Date of Birth (PODB)] indicating details (i.e. Applicant Name, Address, Date of Birth etc.) as mentioned in the application form are submitted by or on behalf of the applicant along with the PAN application.
6. Further, the Tin-Facilitation center / PAN centre compares the details (i.e. Applicant Name and Father’s Name) mentioned in the application Form with the corresponding details available in PAN Database for PAN mentioned in the application form.
7. In case, any discrepancy is found in the application form and / or supporting documents submitted by or on behalf of the applicant, the application will be rejected by TIN-Facilitation Centre / PAN Centers. The discrepancy observed in the PAN application will be intimated to applicant personally or at the address mentioned in the application and non- acceptance memo is also issued. In any condition, defective application is not accepted / processed by the TIN-Facilitation Centre / PAN Centers.
8. On successful completion of the scrutiny by TIN-Facilitation Center, a 15 digit acknowledgement is issued in the name of applicant by the TIN-Facilitation Centers.
9. After acceptance of application by issuing issuance of 15 digit acknowledgement, the PAN Correction / Reprint application is digitized and validated by TIN-Facilitation Centers.
10. Thereafter, application is again scrutinized by the controlling office of the TIN-Facilitation Centre and in case, any discrepancy is found in the application form and / or supporting documents attached to the application by the controlling office, the application will be kept on hold until the defects are removed by the TIN-FC and reasons for keeping on hold are intimated to concerned TIN-Facilitation Centre . After removal of defects by the TIN-FC, application is forwarded to Central System of NSDL e-Gov. where application is again scrutinized.
11. In case, any discrepancy is found in the application form and / or supporting documents attached to the application or any mismatching in Name / Father’s Name / DOB observed by the Central System of NSDL e-Gov., the application will be again put on hold by the Central System of NSDL e-Gov. and the discrepancy / defect observed in the PAN application will be intimated online as well as offline to applicant at the address mentioned in the application . The application is further processed only upon receiving the prescribed documents/complete information to match the application/request for PAN Card received from or on behalf of the Applicant. The required document / information may be sent more than once.
12. After the satisfaction and clearance of NSDL e-Gov., NSDL e-Gov. forwards the application / data to the Income Tax Department (ITD) for confirmation of Changes in case of correction.
13. After receiving the confirmation of changes by the Income Tax Department to NSDL e-Gov. ,for printing and dispatching the PAN Card to the applicant through courier / postal services, PAN Card is printed by NSDL e-Gov.
14. Finally, PAN Card is dispatched by NSDL e-Gov. and delivered to the applicant only through courier / postal services on given address.
15. In case of non-delivery or mis-delivery of pancard or return of pan card, applicant can make request for ensured delivery of pan card by sending the e-mail at email@example.com .
16. In case of any defect relating to data and photo on pancard, applicant can make request / complaint for correct pan card by sending the e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .